Monday, January 6, 2014

Coconut Lime Chicken with Green Beans


OMG OMG OMG!!!


It's 2014. And I am now the proud owner of the www.gasstovegirl.com domain! How fabulous is that? Be sure to add this blog to your RSS feed so you never miss a recipe!


I had a pretty awesome holiday season. I am pretty sure I over-ate every single day, at every single meal. Like any good cliche, I am trying to do a 180 in the new year by eating right and actually putting some effort into exercising.


One reason is because it's good to be healthy and actually practice moderation. Moderation was not a word that was in my vocabulary the past two weeks and that's just not right.


Another reason is because I have a very important dress I will need to fit into in a couple of years. A wedding dress. I'm engaged! Squee!


To spare you the eye-rolling, "oh great another person I know getting married" misery, I'll just jump right into this tasty and super simple recipe.

This Coconut Lime Chicken with Green Beans saute is sweet and tangy. There are lots of great Thai flavors in this dish, making it the perfect alternative to take-out! I was inspired by a dish I saw Sandra Lee make on her show, "Semi-Homemade." Obviously I watched a lot of Food Network the past week and I am so glad I did--there were some yummy recipes happening last week!


If you need a quick meal that is really satisfying yet good for you, give this Coconut Lime Chicken a try. I used light coconut milk, low sodium soy sauce and chicken broth for the sauce. A little bit of Worcestershire sauce adds a boost of flavor. The lime is tart and tangy, while cilantro finishes the whole dish with a little brightness. Serve this over your rice of choice, and you've got a fantastic meal everyone is sure to love. Try cooking your rice in coconut water instead of regular water to really bring home the coconut flavor!

Here's what you need for Coconut Lime Chicken with Green Beans (Print Recipe!)

1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups frozen cut green beans
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 14.5 ounce can light coconut milk
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
cooked rice for serving

Here's what you do

In a large saute pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir around for 30 seconds, then add the chicken. Brown and cook the chicken until no pink remains.

Add the ginger, lime juice, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then add the green beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beans are tender but still slightly crisp. Stir in the soy sauce, Worcestershire, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer 7 to 10 minutes until thickened.

Just before serving, stir in the cilantro. Enjoy immediately over rice.



*Gas Stove Girl original recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment