Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The easiest dessert - with NUTELLA!

I’m not a big baker by nature. It takes a lot of effort and things can go south REALLY quickly. They say baking is all about measuring – when you bake, you cannot bake the way Rachel Ray cooks (ie. A couple of tablespoons of spice is a handful but so is about a half a cup of parmesan cheese).

My go-to baking adventures are usually my banana bread and simply delicious peanut butter cookies. Then I stumbled upon this joyous little recipe about a month ago on Facebook and knew that I could do it. And, after you see it, you will be confident that you can as well.

Think: only 3 or 4 ingredients necessary.

Do you like Nutella? That heavenly spread of cocoa and hazelnut and angel dust? On crackers, on fruit, on croissants, on a sandwich – what CAN’T Nutella do!?

Well, it can be the flavor base for quick homemade brownies.
The nice thing about the use of Nutella in these brownies is that it makes the brownies chewy and a little more cake-y. I am fine with an overly indulgent, fudgy mess of a brownie once in a while. But—if I’m being honest—I actually prefer my brownies to have more of that cake texture. This may be why these seemed irresistible to me.

These measurements are inspired by Mariko from FitPerez, who has a recurring blog of recipes in four ingredients (who doesn’t love a simple yet tasty recipe?!).

You will need:
 ½ cup Nutella
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 egg
¼ cup of a mix-in of your liking (peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, oh my!)
All that you do:
 Mix all your ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Grease a small baking dish or line a mini muffin tin and fill until 3/4 of the way full.
Pop into a pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, cut into bite size pieces (if made in a baking dish), and enjoy with a cold glass of milk!

The other great thing going on here is that the measurements are so simple, doubling this recipe would be a synch. I made mine in a baking dish – but next time, I really want to invest in a mini muffin tin. I think it will maximize the deliciousness and keep a little bit more of the chewy, gooey, goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment